The scientific programme of AIDS 2022, the 24th International AIDS Conference has been reviewed by the American Medical Association and approved for 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- You can view sessions eligible for credits in the online programme by using the filter “CME accreditation”. Sessions eligible for credits will also be marked on the virtual conference platform.
- AMA-PRA Category 1 Credits™ desk will be located in the reception area of the conference.
- Contact: AIDS 2022 CME team at [email protected].
How to claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
To claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, please fill out this survey which serves as a request form. Please complete the survey after the conference. The deadline to fill out the form is Tuesday, 16 August 2022. No requests will be accepted after this deadline.
Credits may only be claimed for educational sessions in which you participate (in person or virtually) during the five days of the conference.
One hour of participation in an eligible session equals one credit.
The maximum number of credits to claim is 30.
Please note that all data from the form, as well as data on your attendance at the conference, will be shared with the American Medical Association for the purpose of processing your application for credits. Your data will be stored by the International AIDS Society and accessible to the American Medical Association for a period of six years.
After you have completed the form, we will verify your attendance and the American Medical Association will contact you via email to issue the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ certificate.
Overall learning objectives
After participating in AIDS 2022, participants will be able to:
- Improve and tailor prevention and treatment options offered to clients based on latest evidence presented at AIDS 2022, including for associated conditions.
- Critically evaluate their clinical practice and knowledge in light of the most up-to-date evidence-based information about HIV available.
- Use the content and strategies presented in six scientific tracks at AIDS 2022 in their medical practice.
- Implement and advocate for effective, evidence-based HIV policies and interventions in their communities and countries. This includes increased awareness of key structural, service delivery and policy barriers and challenges across the cascade.
- Develop new cross-disciplinary partnerships to realize synergies and foster innovation.
Conflict of interest disclosures
In accordance with the American Medical Association guidelines, the IAS ensures that educational sessions at AIDS 2022 provide unbiased, evidence-based content free of commercial influence or bias. All persons in control of programme content are required to disclose financial relationships they have with companies with commercial interests.
Disclosure statements of the programme committee members with relevant financial relationships are available here.
Disclosure of commercial support for AIDS 2022 is available here.