AIDS 2022 will offer childcare services for children between the ages of 10 weeks and 12 years old.
Kimberlee Care, a professional Canadian childcare service provider working with certified and experienced English-speaking caregivers, will provide childcare services within the conference venue.
To benefit from the childcare services, the child(ren) must be registered as accompanying person(s) under the age of 16 at the applicable registration fee and in accordance with the AIDS 2022 terms and conditions for delegates.
The childcare services are provided on a first come, first served basis and bookings are now closed.
Childcare services opening hours
Friday, 29 July: 07:30 to 20:00
Saturday, 30 July: 07:30 to 19:30
Sunday, 31 July: 07:30 to 19:30
Monday, 1 August: 07:30 to 19:30
Tuesday, 2 August: 07:45 to 17:45
During the opening hours, morning, lunch and/or afternoon slot(s) can be booked for the accompanying child as follows:
Morning slot: 07:30 to 11:30
Lunch slot: 11:30 to 15:15
Afternoon slot: 15:15 to 19:30 (except on Friday, 29 July, until 20:00 and Tuesday, 2 August, until 17:45)*
*Please note that costs will apply if a child is checked out of the childcare facility late and outside of the booked slot.
Equipment available at the childcare facility
The childcare facility will be located onsite at the Palais des Congrès de Montreal on Level 7 in Room 730a-b. The room is fully childproofed and includes toilet facilities. Access is strictly restricted to caregivers, the accompanying children registered for the childcare services, and the parents/guardians of these children.
The sleeping area will be equipped with cots for children up to five years old.
The play and activity area will be equipped with toys and books for different age categories, a lounge/relaxation corner with pillows and blankets, a TV with DVD player, playmats, and table and chairs for arts and crafts activities.
Other equipment available for the children’s comfort are high chairs, and toilet seat reducers, a fridge and microwave for food.
The childcare service provided by Kimberlee Care will include a variety of activities for children, appropriate for each age group.
Kimberlee Care childcare services include a daily programme with morning yoga, arts and crafts, group games, music and movement, board games.
Food and drinks
Food and snacks will not be provided as part of the childcare services. Parents/guardians must provide the necessary food for their child(ren) for the time they are placed at the childcare facility. The caregivers will provide the child(ren) with only food and snacks provided by the parent/guardian.
A water dispenser will be available in the childcare area. If parents/guardians want to bring any other drink, they must provide the drink and the caregivers will give it to the child(ren).
- It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to provide all important information related to the child (including allergies and special health conditions) when submitting the childcare booking form and to remind the caregiver on site when checking the child in at the childcare facility.
- For children with special needs, the childcare service provider reserves the right to decline an application, based on the capacity of the childcare services, on a case-by-case basis.
- The childcare services will not administer any prescription medicine to the children. Parents/guardians must return to the childcare facility to dispense any medicine to the child.
- For the health of other children in care, sick children will not be allowed into the childcare facility.
- Parents/guardians must label all clothes and toys brought to the childcare room with the child’s name. No valuable items can be left with the child in the childcare facility.
- Parents/guardians must provide a contact number where they can be reached at any time while the child is in the childcare facility. Parents/guardians shall be available at any time to collect their child in the childcare facility in case any problem occurs with the child at the childcare facility.
- Parents/guardians or any persons authorized by the parents/guardians to check child(ren) in and out need to bring their passport or other ID.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].